NEW!

Comments made easier! Feel free to try!




Wednesday 18 April 2012

Quotable Quotes

Featuring fictional characters and historical people:

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill.

Donuts.  Is there nothing they can't do?
Homer Simpson

What is steel compared to the hand the wields it?  Flesh is Power.
Thulsa Doom, "Conan the Barbarian"

If you must break the law, do it to seize power, in all other cases observe it.
Julius Ceasar

I don't look upon myself as the kind of person who craves attention but I've never been to therapy so there's probably a lot about myself I don't know.
Weird Al Yankovic

Dickens is one those authors who are well worth stealing.
George Owell

Astronomy compells the soul to look upwards and leads from this world to another.
Plato

All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.
Oscar Wilde

There comes a time when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses its lustre, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is man's love for his daughter.
King Osric the Usurper, Conan the Barbarian

Use the keyboard? How quaint.
Engineer Montgomery Scott, Star Trek 4

Get three coffins ready (breif shootout) My mistake.  Make it four.
Fistfull of Dollars

You want a friend?  Get a dog.
Gordon Gecko, Wall Street

All warfare is based on deception.
Sun Tsu, The Art of War

2 comments:

  1. I love Fistful of Dollars. That quote always makes me laugh.


    Jessica
    A to Z Blogger & SF/Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a rare pleasure for me to meet a female fan of that movie. The Wife abhors films like that

    ReplyDelete